Illinois Route 66 Destinations - Page 2
 
Wilmington
  Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie Preserve and Welcome Center - 30239 S State Route 53, Wilmington, Illinois. The 18,000 acre Midewin Tallgrass Prairie extends from Elwood to Wilmington. The Welcome Center is two miles north of Wilmington along Historic Route 66.
Berwyn
  Berwyn Route 66 Museum
  Berwyn’s Toys & Trains
  Berwyn’s Historic Route 66 Scenic Byway Wayside Exhibits
  Historic Berwyn’s Bungalow Tour
  Berwyn Route 66 Museum
  Berwyn has the world's largest laundromat
Hinsdale
  Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket
Romeoville
 

White Fence Farm at 1376 Joliet Road, in Romeoville Illinoisdates to the 1920s and serves the "World's Greatest Chicken" family style. While you wait you can play with and observe a large collection of antique machines, cars, and other artifacts in a rambling building that feels like it dates to the 1920s. Picture

Romeoville is 30 miles southwest of Chicago and was first called Romeo when nearby Joliet was still called "Juliet.”

Willowbrook
 

Dell Rhea’s Chicken Basket at 645 Joliet Rd, Willowbrook, Illinois began in the late 1930s as a lunch counter in an old gas station along Route 66. The owner, Irv Kolarik, learned a special fried chicken recipe from some local farm women. The chicken was a hit and business boomed. Picture

Joliet
  Joliet originally bore the name "Juliet" after the French Canadian explorer Louis Jolliet's name. Jolliet first explored this area in the fall of 1673, describing the game as abundant and the prairies wide, surrounded by lush forests.
  Rialto Theatre - Picture
  Route 66 Raceway - Picture
Elwood  
  Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery
Wilmington
  The Mar Theatre - The Mar Theatre opened for business on June 15th 1937. The Mar is still a first run theatre, playing current films on the national break.
  Launching Pad Drive-In with the muffler man statue appears to be closed as of 2014. and Gemini Giant statue.
Braidwood
  Polk A Dot Drive In at 222 N Front Street, in Braidwood, Illinois has the ambiance of the old diner /drive in style of historic Route 66. The drive-in has inside booths along with outdoor seating. Founded over 50 years ago it has a nice collection of memorbila.
Godley
  Illinois Route 66 Mining Museum
Braceville
  Mazonia State Fish and Wildlife Area
Gardner
  Two-Cell Jail - The historic Two-Cell Jail was built in 1906. It was closed in the late 1950's. It remains a popular photo opportunity for visitors.
Dwight
  Historic Ambler-Becker Texaco Gas Station - Located at 417 W. Waupansie Street, Dwight Illinois, this historic 1933 filling station is identified as the longest operating gas station along Route 66. It dispensed fuel for 66 continuous years until 1999. Ambler's Texaco Gas Station, now the Village of Dwight's visitors center, is located at the northeast corner of Old Route 66 and Illinois Route 17 in Dwight, IL, and is open to visitors traveling historic Illinois Route 66.
  1891 Dwight Train Depot was built in 1891 and is currently used as AMTRAK station
Odell
  Historic Standard Oil Gas Station - On the National Register of Historic Places, this gas station was built in 1932 and served travelers until 1975.
Pontiac
  International Walldog and Sign Art Museum
  Illinois State Police Office
  Illinois Route 66 Museum
  City of Swinging Bridges
  Pontiac-Oakland Automobile Museum
  Historic Homes
  Pontiac's Art Cars
  Pontiac Visitor's Center
  Pontiac's Route 66 Murals
  Route 66 Hall of Fame and Museum
  Historic Old Log Cabin Restaurant - The restaurant still serves good food to travelers.
  Livingston County Historical Society
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright 2014 Internet Marketing Services